Travel map Itinerary
Spot visited in 2 days
– DILLI VILLAGE BEACH CAMPSITE IN NATIONAL PARK
– LAKE MCKENZIE
– LAKE BOOMANJIN
– RAINBOW BEACH
– 75 MILES SURF BEACH
– GOVI CREEK
– MAHENO SHIPWRECK AND ELI CREEK
About Fraser Island
Fraser Island is the largest sand island in the world that extend for 123km and will expand to 166,000 hectares and nearly 200 beautiful freshwater lakes.
The most popular is the Lake McKenzie, with its fine white sand like talcum powder. If you wash your hair with this sand remain soft and fluffy like a silk, try to believe it.
Another lake that definitely deserves to be seen is the Lake Wabby, with its small and cute turtles. To reach the lakes we have crossing the famous rainforest entirely grown in the sand.
But and admire the view along the 75 miles coast, is truly unique! This side of the coast is quite frequented by fishermen but also by Dingo, running in search of some advanced fishes 🙂
Along the coast you can admire as well the Maheno ship’s remains of shipwreck during the 1935 cyclone.
Tips and curiosity:
– Walking: the island is famous for Dingo’s presence, so always be careful and not walk alone.
– Wifi: most areas are not covered by wifi line, so put on your heart in peace and enjoy the island.
– Car: the 4WD is absolutely perfect, most of the island has sandy dirt roads, so it’s the best way to move in. Someone have try to travel around the island with the bicycle, so everything is possible 🙂